[Chicago] New ChiPy Logo Proposal

David Rock david at graniteweb.com
Mon Apr 23 22:30:17 CEST 2012

* James Sams <sams.james at gmail.com> [2012-04-23 10:50]:
> On Monday 23,  April  2012 10:24:23 JP Bader wrote:
> > n00b question, but is ChiPy pronounced:
> >
> > 1) Chippy
> > 2) Shy - pie
> > 3) Chic (silent second c) - pie
> > 4) Chic (silent second c) - pee
>
> While I hear 1 most often, 2 makes the most sense to me and is usually what I
> end up saying if I don't remember to correct myself. Chi-town is Shy-town, and
> Python is Pie-thon; so, why not Shy-Pie?

Full disclaimer: I've been pretty quiet for a long time, so my vote may
not count as much as it used to.

The official pronunciation is chippy, so sayeth the progenetor:

Chris McAvoy, circa 5/10/04:
"The only thing I'd really like to hold on to, as the guy who started
the mailing list, is the right to decide how we pronounce chipy
(chippy), and the chippy graphic.  Other then that, it's fair game."

That's not to say it couldn't be changed (since we are discussing
changing the graphic, too).

As for the new graphic, I'm +0.  It's not bad, but I don't think it's
better than what we have now.

--
David Rock
david at graniteweb.com