[Chicago] List revolution

Clyde Forrester clydeforrester at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 18:03:40 CEST 2011

You have to know where to look. Humans love to deal with ordinal numbers
(1st, 2nd, 3rd,...). Programmers work with offsets (from zero).

So where do humans find offsets? Well, I've got three stops to make, and
then it's back to the warehouse. So where is the "zero"? The warehouse,
the starting point, the point of origin.

Another example, then? Yeah, well, I'm drawin' a blank. Sorry. Maybe
someone else can help.

But the point is: when you are standing on the 1st whatever, your
distance to the 1st whatever is zero. That's the reality when you are
programming. And that's where the worlds of zero-offset and 1st come
together.

c4