[Chicago] The Chipy network

Clyde Forrester clydeforrester at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 00:33:33 CEST 2011

The DEC PDP line of computers had pre- and post-, increment and
decrement built in to their op codes. Pretty slick.

The availability of this support is pretty much irrelevant to a high
level, cross-platform language like Python.

If much higher performance or performance fine tuning is needed, custom
hardware could be used, as well as customized libraries written in a
lower level language like C, where those operators would be available,
and relevant.

c4