[Chicago] tell us how you do something

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Tue May 10 17:29:32 CEST 2011

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 10:20 AM, Carl Karsten <carl at personnelware.com> wrote:
> We are light on talks.  The moment someone proposes talking, I'll spam
> the local lists announcing it.
>
> Someone must have something they are proud of.  Don't worry if you
> don't think anyone will find it useful.
>
> Generally I like talks that try to educate the group about something
> some may apply in the near future.  I have noticed that there is value
> in the talks that even if no one will apply the primary subject, the
> resulting chatter it generates is good.

Personally I am interested in how people deploy stuff, starting with:
Code is in a code repo, developers say it is ready.  How does it get
tested and deployed while the devs keep working on new stuff?

I just install git on my production box and check out master.  works
fine most of the time, but every so often I wish I was able to fix a
bug without having to pull down stuff that isn't really ready yet.

--
Carl K