[Chicago] Deploy django apps to Amazon EC2 with ONE command

Tathagata Dasgupta tathagatadg at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 15:42:03 CEST 2011

Oops ... too little text must have given some wrong signals ...
@gcollazo is the best person to talk about _his_ creation. I'm still a
django n00b. [http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=2700120] is where
pros were discussing it...

Interestingly there was another post in HN today, "Setting up Django
with Green Unicorn, nginx, supervisord and fabric on CentOS 5.5"
[http://kencochrane.net/blog/2011/06/django-gunicorn-nginx-supervisord-fabric-centos55/].

I think the talk Brian(Ray) (too many Brian-s are intoxicated with
Python - there's probably >4 of them in chipy itself) ... was the one
let me discover ChiPy - by the funniest Carl Karsten ...
http://bit.ly/jLR2LF , right?

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 1:42 AM, Brian Herman <brianherman at gmail.com> wrote:
> YES YES YES TALK TALK TALK !
> Thanks,
> Brian Herman
>
> brianjherman.com
> brianherman at acm.org
>

> On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 1:36 AM, Brian Ray <brianhray at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 1:07 AM, Tathagata Dasgupta
>> <tathagatadg at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> via HN, https://github.com/gcollazo/Fabulous
>>
>> Hey, petty cool.
>> I wonder how this stacks up compared to the other fabric deployment we
>> spoke about in the past at ChiPy. Anybody know?
>> This is cool because it also crosses over into cloud land. Are we
>> interested enough to request Tathagata makes a talk out of this!?
>>
>> --
>>
>> Brian Ray

Cheers,
Tathagata