[Chicago] Several items that may be of interest to group members

Jonathan Tonkin tonkinjs at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 21 18:40:44 CEST 2011

Hello,

While this may not be directly related to group topics, here are several items that may be of interest to group members.

1.) (shortest first) The Chicago Chapter of the ACM is now on Facebook and Twitter.  Join our Facebook Group (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=59120137059) or follow us on Twitter (username:  chicagoacm).

2.) Chicago Chapter of the ACM Planning Meeting

Wednesday, June 22, 2011, 7:00 pm

Loyola University Water Tower Campus (Chicago/Michigan Area)
111 E. Pearson Street, Chicago IL 60611
Beane Ballroom (13th Floor, Lewis Towers)

Campus map: http://www.luc.edu/about/pdfs/wtc_may09.pdf

Admission: Free (General Admission, No Reserved Seats)
Details at http://www.chicagoacm.org/.

We will be meeting to plan out the schedule of invited speakers and talk themes for the Chicago Chapter ACM monthly meetings running from Sept - June. If you have ideas or suggestions, come and share your opinions to fill the calendar with interesting events. If you cannot make it to the meeting you can email chair at chicagoacm.org. We will also be discussing the Chapter's financial status, membership fees, logistics and advertising plans.

Depending on the interests of those attending, the group will divide into two working sessions--one group (program committee) will discuss program ideas for upcoming meetings; the other (communications and membership) will talk about how the chapter can publicize itself through the website, social media and other means.

If you are interested in getting involved in the Chicago Chapter ACM, drop by on Wednesday 6/22.

Thanks,

Jonathan Tonkin