[Chicago] Kickstarter Fund to get rid of the GIL

Brian Ray brianhray at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 19:19:15 CEST 2011

On Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 6:41 AM, David Beazley <d-beazley at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> If you must know,  the mere presence of the GIL doesn't bother me too much though.

I do not see why we could not: stick with the GIL, make some
improvements to it, and suggest that software engineers needing super
high performance just create multi processes that message to one
another as the best ever architecture. problem solved!

BTW, I have no problems with the simple reference counting idea that
cPython started with. From a design decision I am fine with it. I am
not sure it was implemented correctly but that is another story.

-- Brian