[Chicago] Social login helpers

Brian Ray brianhray at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 00:13:33 CEST 2011

I wonder what people are using to login from sites like
http://chicago.everyblock.com/ with their openIDs like from
facebook...etc...

Has anyone used Gigya or Janrain?  What were your experiences? Was it
worth it? I presume you used the RESTful API from python. It seems
like they are the middle-men and you would have to trust they are up
all the time and provide good service. I guess it is not so hard to
use the facebook api ... but do you have to follow their changes like
from openid2, 3 ...

I guess an open source model would not work if you have to rely on the
middle man approach. Nonetheless, I bet there are some helper modules
out there.

--

Brian Ray