[Chicago] Now Available For Hire

Tal Liron tal.liron at threecrickets.com
Wed Jan 5 19:18:31 CET 2011

It's a small startup doing interesting stuff integrating lots of social
networks (Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, SMS, others) into a dashboard
that would enable small merchants to market and send promotions to their
customers. We also integrate with POS systems and loyalty cards.

The company is legit, and has VERY impressive financial backing (there's
a marketing team of 100 people waiting to sell it), even though it
doesn't look that way from visiting the office. We rely on cutting edge
technologies: MongoDB, REST, JavaScript-on-the-server, cloud. The
business plan is realistic and should be profitable within a few months.

The environment is extreme startup: the team is evolving fast, but we
only just got a project manager, and scope is never very clear.
Management does not have experience with this type of development work
and technology (well, who does?). We make it up as we go along. I think
a good match -- culturally, temperamentally -- is someone who is
comfortable with such partial formations, and can even thrive in them:
self-managed, responsible, calm under pressure, and who can contribute
to a team culture "in the making."

My slight worry is that you identify as an "Agile" guy, which to me
spells very formal work styles (scrum) that would be impossible to
implement at this company right now, if ever... I'm believe in being
upfront about it to avoid disappointment!

If this sounds interesting, feel free to forward a resume to me, and I
can get you interviewed this week.

-Tal