[Chicago] Hello from a Newbie

Jonathan Hayward jonathan.hayward at pobox.com
Tue Feb 1 17:57:11 CET 2011

There were a couple of other links I was thinking of:

First, if you are interested in Python web programming, Django is among the
list of frameworks seriously worth considering. The Django
Book<http://djangobook.com/>is helpful.

Second, this is not on par with *any* of the other suggestions here, but I
wrote an introduction, Usability: the Soul of
Python<http://JonathansCorner.com/python/>.
It might be of a little use.

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 12:23 PM, Kumar McMillan
<kumar.mcmillan at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 9:33 AM, Malcolm Newsome
> <malcolm.newsome at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I’m new to Python (and programming in general) and looking to soak up as
> > much knowledge as possible while meeting some great people.
>
> Hi Malcolm and welcome!
>
> If you are brand new to programming then I highly recommend this free
> book: http://learnpythonthehardway.org/index  However, if you already
> have basic programming skills then you might want to look for
> something more intermediate.
>
> Programming is a lot of fun; you will soon become enamored with the
> power to create software for yourself and others.  After a bit of
> practice, you will only be bound by your imagination.
>

> > If you have any cool advice or challenges for a beginner, please shoot
> them
> > my way!
> >

> > All the best!
> >

> > Malcolm

→ Jonathan Hayward, Author, Django JavaScript Integration: AJAX and jQuery
<https://www.packtpub.com/django-javascript-integration-ajax-and-jquery/book>
→ Author Bio <https://www.packtpub.com/authors/profiles/jonathan-hayward>
• LinkedIn
Profile <http://www.linkedin.com/in/jonathanhayward> •
jonathan.hayward at pobox.com
→ Ajax, CGI, CMS, CSS, Django, HTML, IA, JSON, JavaScript, LAMP, Linux, MVC,
Perl, PHP, Python, SQL, UI, Unix, Usability, UX, XHTML, XML
→ With a good interest in the human side of computing and making websites a
joy to use