[Chicago] Django job opening in Evanston

Andrew Cronk andrew.cronk at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 22:51:28 CET 2011

I am leaving my current job to start a startup (lifelong dream).
 Therefore, I am looking to hire and train my replacement.

Timeframe: now, sooner the better (yesterday?)
Contract or full time employment

Overview: we measure how buildings are operating in real time, with a focus
on geothermal and renewables.  Proving how efficient, or inefficient,
buildings are operating in the real world.  This means LOTS of data, and
lots of really cool analysis and visualization.

Main skill: very confident with Django, ideally having deployed several
projects.  APIs and OAuth server and client.
Other skills: comfortable with full web stack (server admin, Django,
templates, Less/CSS, Javascript).  Bonus points for Flot or Raphael JS
plotting libs.

Company: we are small (~15 employees, mostly mechanical/electrical
engineers, 2 other technical/software people).
Location: Evanston, 1 block from Evanston Davis Metra stop, and 2 blocks
from Evanston Davis Purple Line CTA stop.  I live in Ravenswood, and my
commute is just over 10 minutes on the Metra.

I've really enjoyed working here, and hope I can find someone to pass the
torch!

Andrew