[Chicago] free computers

Massimo Di Pierro mdipierro at cs.depaul.edu
Tue Aug 30 22:26:31 CEST 2011

No kidding. Apparently they sell gas based turbines to pump heat out of large computer clusters and use it to heat water. Some universities sell back the hot water to the university and nearby buildings for a profit. The gas to run the turbines is relatively cheap compared to the electricity for regular cooling.