[Chicago] Planning a ChiPy sprint

Brian Curtin brian.curtin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 02:43:26 CEST 2010

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 08:30, Brian Curtin <brian.curtin at gmail.com> wrote:

> If you weren't at last night's meeting you missed a good one (thanks Tal
> and Ross), and you also missed me rambling about sprints again.
>
> For those not aware, the Python Software Foundation has set aside money to
> fund groups getting together to hack on Python stuff (see
> http://pythonsprints.com/). I've been involved with the group since the
> start and recently got my employer to sweeten the pot with a nice
> donation...so we're just sitting over here with stacks of money waiting for
> people to request it. Whether it's Python itself or any of the great
> packages out there, funding is available to groups who want to give their
> time to making the Python world better. Sprints to port projects to Python 3
> are especially awesome, and we recently sponsored two of them in South
> Africa and Minneapolis. Simply put: you write the code, PSF buys the pizza
> (and beer).
>
> If you are interested in getting together, fill in some details on this
> wiki page -- http://chipy.org/Fall2010Sprint -- or just respond with your
> details and I'll add them. What we need are the who, what, where, and when
> questions to be answered. Rough estimates are fine, then I'll try to
> coordinate that into some hard dates.
>
> Ideally I'm thinking something on a weekend from morning until dinner, then
> see where that takes us. We could also do a weekday evening/night sprint.
> I'd actually like to see this become a regular thing if we can swing it.
>

> Feel free to respond on the list rather than directly to me. Maybe it will
> guilt more people into showing up :)

So after getting a bunch of responses, would anyone be able to do November
20 or 21? I chose that weekend since it generally fits with the availability
I've seen, and it also coincides with the planned "bug days" for the Python
3.2 beta cycle (see
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2010-October/104871.html).

If that doesn't work for you, look forward to a December date.