[Chicago] Python for hardware hackers

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Tue Oct 26 04:56:55 CEST 2010

  Python-on-a-Chip (p14p) is a project to develop a reduced Python
  virtual machine (codenamed PyMite) that runs a significant subset
  of the Python language on microcontrollers without an OS.

http://code.google.com/p/python-on-a-chip/

>From a first reference platform that's fairly hefty (a dev kit costs
about $60 if I didn't get lost in the catalog), more recent possible
platforms include a 40-pin DIP chip that costs about $8 for small
quantities (mega128).  Makes me wish I had copious free time to explore
Python in the small.

--
There is overwhelming evidence that the higher the level of self-esteem,
the more likely one will be to treat others with respect, kindness, and