[Chicago] reminder: next meeting is next Thurs June 10

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Sat Jun 5 02:21:15 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 7:10 PM, Alex Gaynor <alex.gaynor at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 7:00 PM, Carl Karsten <carl at personnelware.com> wrote:
>> Just a friendly reminder that there is a meeting next week.
>> I don't know what the talks will be, trying to get that together now.
>>

> If no one has volunteered yet I could do a talk on Making Python Fast,
> Unladen Swallow and PyPy (roughly a preview of a talk I'll be doing at
> PyOhio).

I just sent an email to the folks that wanted to talk last month but
didn't get enough votes, even though once the votes were counted about
100 people said "oh, I wanted to hear that one!"

I did hear back from one: no Twisted talk this month.  That leaves
Brian's Django Admin tricks and Chris's Blender magic.   Neither will
be quick talks, and I would want to give you enough time to do your
whole talk (great for practice.)   PyOhio is the end of July - you
available for ChiPy on July 8?

> Alex
>
> --
> "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your
> right to say it." -- Voltaire
> "The people's good is the highest law." -- Cicero
> "Code can always be simpler than you think, but never as simple as you
> want" -- Me

Carl K