[Chicago] need Feb 11 meeting venue - ITA no go

Brian Ray bray at sent.com
Sat Jan 30 19:18:28 CET 2010

On Jan 29, 2010, at 10:50 PM, Carl Karsten wrote:

> Thanks, but no need - I already committed to Sully's.
>
> On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 9:11 PM, Brian Herman
> <brianherman at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I am going to check if we can host it at UIC.

Let's check for a following month. We had a nice meeting their once
and they were ok with brining food.

We need someone besides myself to stand up and introduce people, this
month. I am afraid I am unavailable.  This was the organizer position;
however, lately it has involved to the-guy-who-gets-up-their-and-says-
stupid-stuff position.  Carl is really taking the lead for doing the
planning.  On that note, Python is making a good conversation topic
once again at ORD Camp, maybe some topics can come from their.

Next month we should try for UIC, IMHO.  ITA can probably move out to
the following. It has been awhile since we have been at a school and I
really like meetings at schools because they attract students/faculty,
and keep me up to date with Python's involvement in academia.

Cheers,

Brian Ray