[Chicago] DreamPie

Michael Urman murman at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 14:52:29 CET 2010

On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 16:45, Brian Herman <brianherman at gmail.com> wrote:
> The python shell you have been dreaming about.
> http://dreampie.sourceforge.net/

I'm pumped about filename completion (raw or unraw strings too; nice
job)!  More importantly, reverting to my Ctrl-P for previous entry
doesn't bring up a printer dialog. Finally! :)

Just a quick bug report, as I'm unwilling to register for launchpad at
this time (sorry!)
After installation, the shortcut didn't work on my Windows machine.
This appears to be due to a space in my python install path (not
exactly recommended by the python community). It resulted in a
shortcut target like the following; that which came after
--hide-console-window needed to be quoted. As a workaround, I modified
the shortcut.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\DreamPie\dreampie.exe" --hide-console-window
C:\Program Files (x86)\Python\26\python.exe

works as