[Chicago] deploying to the cloud

Milan Andric mandric at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 18:58:37 CET 2010

Has anyone used libcloud or toppcloud?  I'd be interested in learning
more about any of the stuff Ian is working on for that matter.  I am
working on automating deployment here at work and have yet to tap into
any of this great stuff.   Also, libcloud is in early development so
maybe those of us who find it useful can contribute.

I for one would greatly benefit from a solution to deployment for php
and python web applications to linux cloud providers.   The solution I
am imagining is one that works similar to google app engine where you
press a button essentially and deploy a new version.  This could be a
desktop app or even a web application that runs locally or elsewhere.
Talking to someone who knows about such things (Ian seems to be at the
forefront of this) would be wonderful to give me some guidance.  I
also think my needs are common and I would be happy to share my
successes if I have something useful.  If there are more people like
me then maybe we can share our experiences/knowledge?  Thoughts?

--
Milan