[Chicago] Sanity Check

Jason Huggins jason at jrandolph.com
Thu Dec 2 15:43:11 CET 2010

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 8:31 PM, Peter Fein <pfein at pobox.com> wrote:
> Need to sanity check with a broader group... I've had a few phone interviews
> lately, which have been followed by demands for programming tests. I am THIS
> CLOSE: || to telling the next company that asks to shove off.

The only way to avoid dancing for "The Man" is to become "The Man".
Translated: start your own company. Then you won't have to play these
silly games anymore. It's that simple.

What's not simple, unfortunately, is having the requisite 2 years of
income stashed up to survive your startup's initial trough of
non-revenue. Once you have sufficient savings banked up, though, yes,
tell the next company that asks to shove off.

cheers,
hugs

Of course, dancing for investors is no fun either.  (So, then, it's
even better to start your own company *and* not have investors,
either.)