[Chicago] Intro to Python

William Scullin wscullin at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 05:47:11 CEST 2010

On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 3:52 PM, Carl Karsten <cfkarsten at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 1:32 PM, William Scullin <wscullin at gmail.com> wrote:
>> So, there's a gaggle of us who are involved in a tutorial for python
>> for scientific and high performance computing. Nick is skipping out
>> this year to concentrate on other stuff - so I may have to see about
>> snagging someone else who does a lot of highly scalable computation
>> with  python - but I think I can speak for the group when I say that
>> we'd be willing to do the whole sheboygan if there'd be enough
>> interested parties and someone can arrange a place with two
>> projectors
>
> Two?

One of the things Massimo saw in terms of tutorial presentation at
SC09 and we liked was the use of dual projectors - one with the slide
/ reference and the other with terminal and output windows. It made it
much easier for people to follow along, especially when it was easy to
get lost in the material.

>> networking, and sustenance for about five hours this
>> Summer.
>
> How does Atlanta sound?

Sort of a long drive for a day tutorial. I hear they have peaches...
but it's up to the SC presentation group as a whole or part.

> What would you consider a minimum head count?  10? 50?

Not sure. I can handle 10-15 people one on one with hands-on stuff and
not loose track. I think maximum and minimum headcount are a function
of who all from the SC group is available and what material the
audience is interested in.

Got something in mind?

- William