[Chicago] Facebook open sources FriendFeed's real-time Python web framework, Tornado

Massimo Di Pierro mdipierro at cs.depaul.edu
Fri Sep 18 22:03:50 CEST 2009

I can contribute one more:

      http://web2py.com/examples/static/web2pyserver.py

- api compatible with cherrypy and very much inspired by it.
- works with cherrypy ssl_handler (to be tested) but will soon have
its own.
- multithreaded
- can handle requests and responses via chunking (like cherrypy) (but
not tested yet!)
- should work with python 3 (but not tried yet!)
- 30-50% faster then cherrypy in my tests.

I could use some independent tests and benchmarks.

Massimo