[Chicago] IDEs

Cosmin Stejerean cosmin at offbytwo.com
Tue Jun 30 18:05:35 CEST 2009

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 5:29 PM, Garrett Smith <g at rrett.us.com> wrote:

> I'm really hoping to start a flame war here, seriously!
>
> Just kidding.
>
> I'm actually going to post off topic here and ask if anyone here used
> Emacs as their primary Java development environment/IDE/editor.
>
> I know a number of Python folks who are forced by whip from the man to
> develop in Java. My guess is that some of them use Emacs for other stuff
> and just might have some insight as to how to make Emacs work well with
> Java.
>
> I've heard it can't be done.

It can certainly be done, take a look at JDEE http://jdee.sourceforge.net/.
That said, I don't generally use Emacs for Java development, even though I
use Emacs for everything else. At the moment I'm using IntelliJ with Emacs
key bindings (in the past I've used Eclipse).

--
Cosmin Stejerean
http://offbytwo.com