[Chicago] Visio Altenatives

Brian Ray bray at sent.com
Fri Jan 30 18:40:06 CET 2009

Hello:

Looking for Visio alternatives I came across Dia, which seems to be
scriptable with Python <http://projects.gnome.org/dia/python.html>.

I am just looking for some free flow charting software.  Has anyone
tried, Dia? UML and Python scriptability support is a plus, but not my
primary goal.  I need to send a flowchart as PDF to an international
workgroup who may embed as a graphic in a spec or publication.

I run primarily on Mac and have some limited access to other OSs. Dia
does not say it runs on the mac, so alternatives that do, would be
helpful.  I see Omni Graf does have Python support, but also, is
commercial.  I like free and open so I can fix it if it breaks.

Brian Ray