[Chicago] eclipse pydev plugin question

Craig fasteliteprogrammer at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 17 13:55:07 CET 2009

i got it to work.

--- On Wed, 1/14/09, Brian Ray <bray at sent.com> wrote:

From: Brian Ray <bray at sent.com>
Subject: Re: [Chicago] eclipse pydev plugin question
To: "The Chicago Python Users Group" <chicago at python.org>
Date: Wednesday, January 14, 2009, 11:14 AM

On Jan 14, 2009, at 10:42 AM, sheila miguez wrote:

> Tips on how to ask questions.  This will explain some of the hostility
> you've been experiencing.

This is great. We can all learn or be reminded on how to ask questions in this forum.

Looking through the list, there are some questions that get good responses. It seems that *how* the questions are asked has a lot to do with this.  In this case, I would start with "Be precise and informative about your problem."  If one starts with a question that is only one sentence, I do not see how this can be considered informative.  One may need to explain in as much detail as possible what your asking, why your asking, and put it into perspective. We all come from different backgrounds and might be able to help--nonetheless, one needs to put some work into asking the question.

Brian Ray