[Chicago] WSGI auto-deployment machinations

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Mon Jan 12 19:31:36 CET 2009

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 12:21 PM, Atul Varma <varmaa at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey, are there any tools out there to aid in the deployment of WSGI apps?
> I mean something that basically makes the deployment of WSGI apps to a VPS
> or shared host as easy as deploying apps on Google appengine.  Obviously the
> differences of server-side configurations would make this a
> less-than-trivial task, but I was just curious if something like it already
> existed.

I don't know of anything like that.  Presumably it would have to know about
the VPS.  People glue stuff together with systems like Fabric, but I don't
know of anything higher level at this point.

virtualenv --relocatable *might* give you a set of libraries and scripts
that could be uploaded and run in any location; it's a bit experimental
(i.e., not many people have really tried it), but might make all the other
steps easy (if it's just file copies).

--
Ian Bicking  |  http://blog.ianbicking.org