[Chicago] Venue Adjustment

Brian Ray bray at sent.com
Tue Jan 6 20:43:24 CET 2009

On Jan 6, 2009, at 1:24 PM, Ian Bicking wrote:

>  Here's my current thoughts on an outline:
>
> 1. Why does this language exist?
> 2. What's cool about the language, that Python should steal?
> 3. What's cool about the language, that Python couldn't steal if it
> tried?
> 4. When should you think about using the language instead of Python?
> 5. How does the programming language affect how you think about
> programming?

These are pretty good questions.  I was thinking more along the lines
of a comparison sheet like is it compiled. Should answer things that
could help categorize the language, ie:

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categorical_list_of_programming_languages>

For instance, Python is certainly not a Curly Bracket Language. It
(according to this page) Python can be considered a Metaprogramming
and not Multiparadigm language.

Brian Ray