[Chicago] Capistrano alternatives

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Tue Jan 6 05:49:43 CET 2009

On Mon, Jan 05, 2009 at 05:12:27PM -0600, Ian Bicking wrote:
> Also, I'm far more capable of predicting how a developer will respond
> than most lawyers.

Assuming a violation of the license terms.  The reason for getting
competent legal advice is to *avoid* that.

> You *never* have to GPL everything in response to the GPL.

If he *can't* release some of the source - maybe he used some
proprietary components that are part of the whole thing, not all that
unlikely if it's aimed at the commercial soft spot that is Windows -
then he has no choice but to stop distributing until he can rearchitect
around using Fabric and get an rewritten product going.  That can cost
a lot if it turns customers away.

--
This is like making a car shorter by cutting off a few inches
from each end with a Sawzall.  Of course there's little benefit,