[Chicago] Call for Presentations for January Meeting

David Durham david.durham.jr at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 04:22:22 CET 2009

On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 1:47 PM, Brian Ray <bray at sent.com> wrote:

> On Jan 3, 2009, at 12:17 PM, Daniel Griffin wrote:
>
>> If we do language comparisons I would be willing to do 2 minutes of plain
>> old C or something.
>

> It might be a good idea to set up lightening talks on different
> languages--meanwhile filling out a language comparison sheet by each
> presenter.  Each presenter will fill in the specific questions for that
> particular language in comparison to Python.

What's the actual status of this language comparison sheet?  Is
someone coming up with this outside of this mailing list or did I miss
some other post about this topic?

Here's an old article by Paul Graham containing a list of 9 things
that made Lisp different:

  http://www.paulgraham.com/icad.html

-Dave