[Chicago] Fwd: March meeting

Ted Pollari tcp at mac.com
Mon Feb 23 22:05:57 CET 2009

On Feb 23, 2009, at 1:01 PM, Steven Githens wrote:

> I have to say, even though we occasionally repeat venues (but
> typically not consecutively), I've enjoyed having a different
> location every month and checking out the Google Offices, The
> Downtown DePaul, The Northern DePaul (or whatever it was 2 months
> ago?), That Coffee Shop near Fullerton that's open all night, that
> shirt factory with the arcade games, that web development firm in
> the same area as the shirt factory where everyone uses Emacs,
> Thoughtworks, That Bar From Last Month, whatever university room we
> had in the loop when Humanized talked about why Python was their
> tool of choice, brewpub XYZed and other places around Chicago I'm
> forgetting about.  As long as it's in the loop or near an El stop.
>
> -steve

+1  I think it adds something to the appeal to move around -- though,
that having been said, Carl makes really good points about Sully's
accessibility -- so IMHO, making it a frequent repeat venue is fine --
but variety needs to be kept as well.  (I care more now that I'll be
back in Chicago for good in a few months ;-)

-ted