[Chicago] Out of Memory: Killed Process: on CentOS

Brian Ray bray at sent.com
Mon Apr 27 18:37:41 CEST 2009

On Apr 27, 2009, at 11:22 AM, Cosmin Stejerean wrote:

> How huge are the XML documents you are trying to parse?

Average size of a record is around 7.3kb.  The testing engineer is
playing with the idea of process up to 100,000 records at a time.
that is 714.9 MB.

Although, we have the ability to limit the size. I am thinking that we
could limit to 20MB, if we want, roughly 2500-3000 records.

Generally, I just want to set reasonable limits and never run into a
situation where an out of memory occurs. It is also possible that more
than one request happens at the same time, so simply limiting size is
not enough.

Brian Ray