[Chicago] Jython

Feihong Hsu hsu.feihong at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 17 21:45:39 CEST 2009

It's fairly hard to use Java frameworks without knowing Java (the documentation usually assumes you understand the Java type system among other things). Likewise, .NET frameworks are hard to grok without knowing C#. IMO, if you only want to pick up one of these, then I would recommend learning C#. It's slightly easier to learn than Java and its semantics are closer to Python (it has a "dynamic" type that lets you use duck typing).

Getting back to the subject of Python, maybe what you really want is "Teach me IronPython".