[Chicago] encrypting 5gb files?

Josh Cronemeyer jcroneme at thoughtworks.com
Wed Nov 26 21:06:15 CET 2008

So is the data already in the cloud?  Or are you encrypting and then
sending it up?  I don't really know much about encryption but surely you
could write some nifty library to break files down, encrypt the chunks and
vice versa.  It would be cool to leverage the potential for massive
parallelism in amazon's cloud to make encrypting all that data really
fast.

PEACE!
Josh Cronemeyer

"Tim Saylor" <tim.saylor at gmail.com>
Sent by: chicago-bounces+jcroneme=thoughtworks.com at python.org
11/26/08 01:37 PM
Please respond to
The Chicago Python Users Group <chicago at python.org>

"The Chicago Python Users Group" <chicago at python.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [Chicago] encrypting 5gb files?

In general speed is the enemy of security in encryption.  The faster you
can encrypt/decrypt the file, the faster someone can crack it.

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 1:15 PM, Lukasz Szybalski <szybalski at gmail.com>