[Chicago] Python Code Beautifiers

Samir Faci samir.list at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 18:49:18 CET 2008

Hello everyone,

   I've been sort of lurking around for a while, and just started to get a
bit more active with python.  Now, I know that python is just beautiful and
we all love how pretty it looks, especially compared to some other languages
*cough* perl *cough*.  That being said, I was wondering if anyone knew of
any code beautifiers for python.

The ones I've been able to find have limited functionality.  ie reindent.py
to fix your tabbing, and PythonTidy which I think may do what I want, but
for some reason has no config file, aside from editing the .py file.

Just looking for something like uncrustify for c++/java, where I can specify
a format, as far as how I want my function definitions to look like, my if,
else, etc to look like and allow my beautifier to traverse a list of .py
files and generate a prettier version of the .py file.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, if anyone has used any.

--
Samir