[Chicago] Pymacs!

Feihong Hsu hsu.feihong at yahoo.com
Fri May 30 16:42:38 CEST 2008

After learning some Emacs basics, I finally started playing around
with Pymacs. So far I can get it to bring up Tkinter and wxPython
windows that can modify the current buffer, which is pretty neat. But
when I try to insert some unicode strings into the buffer, it's kinda
messed up.

I'm still learning Emacs in general, which limits me in terms of what
kind of extensions I can create. But so far I like it. Compared to
vim's Python integration it's not as elegant (I don't see a way to
execute arbitrary Python code in the minibuffer), but it seems
cleaner (your extension files are pure Python modules instead of vim
script files).

Anyway, these are my first impressions.

- Feihong