[Chicago] AppEngine Bulk Loading

Feihong Hsu hsu.feihong at yahoo.com
Tue May 13 03:29:27 CEST 2008

Argh. I can't use "line.encode('ascii', 'replace')" because many of
the strings in my app are ALL Unicode, and there would be no
distinction between them anymore.

Well, the BulkLoad class is just another WSGI app, so I can write my
own custom bulk loading app and it shouldn't perform any worse,
right?

Anyway, I have about 45k entities to load. Is there anyone with
experience bulk loading a large number of items to AppEngine? Do I
even want to know how long that's gonna take?

http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/list?q=unicode&can=2