[Chicago] selecting talks Re: [PyCON-Organizers] Talk slot durations (was: FWD: Re: Pycon disappointment)

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Mon Mar 24 14:39:41 CET 2008

On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 03:56:49PM -0700, Feihong Hsu wrote:
> scale. So I argue that the only way to learn how to do a conference
> talk is to actually do it.  A certain number of talks should be

Which suggests that we need "minor league" conferences where people can
get more practice.  Smaller, more regional, more diverse...  More like
PyCon back when it started, maybe, in some ways.  Quantity has a virtue
all its own, but so does it have the vices of its virtues.

Besides, Big PyCon comes at a time of year when I'm just not free.  :-U

--
Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea,
never regains its original dimensions.  -- Oliver Wendell Holmes