[Chicago] any python openings in chicago

Kumar McMillan kumar.mcmillan at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 04:22:58 CEST 2008

Hi Dave.
The company I work at, Leapfrog Online, is currently looking for
Django developers.  Here is the official ad:
http://leapfrogonline.com/who/careers.php#55

I've posted a similar ad like this and we were able to pull in some
great people but business is booming and the need for web apps is
booming with it.  I'm not all that interested in marketing myself but
economically the focus is definitely shifting towards the WWW, so this
is good.  The company is run by smart, level-headed people, and they
look great in front of a fake blue sky:
http://www.chicagobusiness.com/cgi-bin/mag/article.pl?articleId=29966&seenIt=1

You [or anyone else reading this] can send your resume to the contact
info mentioned in the ad or you can email it directly to me.

We primarily build sites (Django, Rails) to acquire customers for our
clients.  Working on our sites involves dealing with a high amount of
traffic and managing lots and lots of clickstream data.  We work with
search engines and other media to generate traffic so there is an
added challenge in "taming" all the bots that need to hit our sites on
a regular basis.  Nice bot, down bot, stay.  Stay.  Good bot.

On top of that we are pretty badly test-infected and always look to
hire developers who can only call something "done" when there are
automated tests to prove it.  Just like science, if you can't test it,
it's not real.  In our case, if you can't test it, it's not software.
But don't let that stop you if you're new to testing; we can get you
up to speed on that.

Kumar