[Chicago] [Flourish] Framework Rumble

Massimo Di Pierro mdipierro at cs.depaul.edu
Wed Jun 18 18:16:14 CEST 2008

I find the personal offense not necessary. Anyway.... I think this
issue is relevant to the Python users group because members of the
group were there, some as jusgdes, I felt I was representing some
pyrhon users (against the PHP community and the Ruby community, in a
sportive sense), and I would appreciate if they could say something.
They organized an event, only one person participated, somebody did
not like this, and now they are saying it did not happen. I am not
asking them to say that web2py won or that web2py is better than
other frameworks. I agree the Rumble was a failure from this point of
view. I do not blame members from other frameworks for not
participating.
I would have left this alone if they had not emailed everybody
yesterday pointing to that web page.

Massimo

BTW. have we ever met? I mean personally. I will be happy to offer
you a coffee any day and perhaps I can convince you that you are
wrong. Or perhaps you can explain me what I have done to upset you so
much. I do not feel I have, I am a bit surprised, and I am willing to
do something to improve my relations with you and other people who
may feel like you.