[Chicago] [PyCON-Organizers] Give me some restaurant & Chicago info inputs

VanL van.lindberg at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 16:05:22 CET 2008

skip at pobox.com wrote:
> Some questions for the out-of-towners:
>
>     * Do you care about cheap eats?  What about the four-star joints
>       (e.g. Charlie Trotter's)?  What about "icons" like Pizzeria Uno, Harry
>       Caray's or Ed Debevic's (all of which I suspect most locals would
>       steer clear of)?
>     * Do you plan to do any siteseeing?  What's your taste?  Museums (we
>       have a ton)?  Normal gawker stuff (Sears Tower, Navy Pier, Michigan
>       Avenue)?
>     * Transportation info - getting around by car? by CTA (bus & rail)?

Yes, yes, and yes - but personally I would prioritize my interest by
distance. For example, I wouldn't want to go all over Chicago for the
"greatest pizza ever," but I might go if it were two stops down the Ell.

I would guess that this ease-of-transportation issue would be common, so
if possible, I would include with each item basic transportation
directions. ("Getting there: Get on the Ell heading south, go three
stops to Belvedere station, and walk one block east to the corner of
Acorn Street and Rhode Road")

- Van