[Chicago] XO for recording PyCon

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Fri Feb 1 20:08:28 CET 2008

Carl Karsten wrote:
> I am trying to arrange to record all 108 hours of PyCon audio and video.
> assuming I get the desired VGA capture device, I need a box with USB 2 and audio
> in.  I can provide an external HD.
>
> Is there any reason the XO would not work for this?

No one has really tried it.  It's not clear if the data could be saved
fast enough, or even if the software support is setup for that sort of
thing yet (e.g., saving raw files).  This could be pretty hard.

If you want to try it ahead of time I can lend you a machine.  But I
think it would be more of an interesting experiment than a good way to
figure out this particular problem.  The record activity itself really
doesn't have any interface to do this sort of thing, though maybe it's
possible to install (via yum) whatever is necessary to do this.

   Ian