[Chicago] Explanation of bzr-svn weirdness

Garrett Smith g at rrett.us.com
Fri Dec 12 23:34:17 CET 2008

When demoing Bazaar's interface to Subversion last night, I featured some bizarre (sic) behavior where an old commit history mysteriously appeared intermingled with the sample commits.

Here's what was going on...

The Bazzar Subversion plugin uses a system-wide cache for performance reasons. In a previous dry run, I had committed to a Subversion repo of the same name. I assumed I could simply delete the Subversion repo directory to start anew. Not so.

In any typical situation, of course, this wouldn't happen as Subversion repos aren't routinely deleted and restored. And if for whatever reason that happens, you just need to clear the bzr-svn plugin cache.

I apologize for any trauma, mental or otherwise, this may have caused.

Garrett