[Chicago] Job Opening

Pete pfein at pobox.com
Thu Dec 11 22:57:46 CET 2008

My company Juju is looking for a Python developer.  I'll be at the
meeting tonight (with snakes!) - come say hi.

http://juju.standoutjobs.com/jobs/932-python-developer

Juju, a popular vertical search engine focused on jobs, is looking for
a skilled Python Developer. Juju's goal is to make job search easier
using technology and thoughtful user interface design. We strive to
create groundbreaking tools that make it faster and easier for online
job seekers to find exactly what they’re looking for. Our job search
engine provides a single point of access to millions of jobs found on
thousands of employer websites and job boards around the web, and
offers features that help job seekers find and apply to the right
opportunities more efficiently.

Desired Interest/Experience:

- Text search & analysis
- RESTful distributed computing & storage
- Web crawling techniques
- Automated text extraction & machine learning
- Building interactive web apps

Desired Technical Background:

- Python, Python, Python!
- Linux or other modern UNIX
- Subversion & Trac
- protocol-level HTTP: lighttpd, pound, squid
- Storage Engines: Lucene, SQLite, metakit, memcached
- Twisted
- HTML/XML/JSON

Our work to date has enabled us to attract millions of unique visitors
every month, and laid a solid foundation for the future. But, the best
is yet to come and we need talented, creative programmers to help us
meet our ambitious goals. If you:

- have deep python experience
- want to work with bright, motivated people
- enjoy tackling BIG problems with clever code

send us an application or just drop us a note. If you don’t have all
of the skills listed above, but still think you’re a great fit, apply
anyway and tell us why.

Employees are given substantial freedom to design and implement
solutions, and allocate their own time. We telecommute and maintain a
demanding, but flexible, work environment. The team is US based, but
we will consider qualified global applicants.  Project and part-time
arrangements are possible.

Candidates should be experienced, well-rounded programmers, familiar
with a range of practices, including maintaining a shared code base,
object-oriented design, network programming, multithreading,
optimization, and unit testing. The ability to communicate effectively
with coworkers while working independently with limited oversight is
essential.

NOTE: In addition to the position described above, we’re looking for a
System Administrator and an experienced User Interface Designer. If
that’s you, just mention that when applying via the link below.