[Chicago] ChiPy Announcement *only* list

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Mon Aug 25 19:50:19 CEST 2008

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 11:05:08AM -0500, Carl Karsten wrote:
> skip at pobox.com wrote:
>> though perhaps we
>> could manually subscribe chicago at python.org to chipy-announce at python.
>
> You can do that?  sounds evil somehow.

Of course you can.  It's often done and works well - at least so long
as people making announcements know about the echoing and don't
routinely post to both the real list and the -announce one, creating
annnoying dupage.  (no, no, not DuPage, dupage.  like mucilage but less
sticky)

[style note for Carl:  see, I had had '"real"' there at first, but you
don't need the scare quotes to understand that usage, do you?  they
just made it look silly, and provided an unnecessary opportunity for
some sensitive (or belligerent) soul to take offense...]

--
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on
a million typewriters will eventually reproduce