[Chicago] writing pdf files from python

Steven Githens sgithens at caret.cam.ac.uk
Wed Aug 20 06:00:29 CEST 2008

Another option (although a bit more obtuse) that I used to make all the
preprinted badges for this last PyCon was Jython + iText. I needed to
open and modify existing PDF's (something the free version of ReportLab
didn't support then, it might now).  It worked pretty well and pretty
concise code using the Java library from Jython.

-steve