[Chicago] help from Django and Pylons developers

Massimo Di Pierro mdipierro at cs.depaul.edu
Mon Apr 28 20:12:05 CEST 2008

You confirmed my point. If it can be done with Pylons, it can be done
with TG2 and vice versa. JS differences do not really count. Any
framework can use any JS library. I should add that I like the TG and
the TG philosophy, web2py follows the same one.

I am only comparing features that are "out of the box". Python is a
Turing complete language and, therefore, obviously, any framework can
do everything in principle.

Pre-installed is not the same as "no installation required". Quite
the opposite I would say. web2py do not even require that you have
python.

What I mean by zero configuration is not that you do not need to
configure it. What I mean is that there is no configuration you can
tweak. There is no framework level parameter that you can change and
make your applications not portable.

Massimo