[Chicago] appengine

Cosmin Stejerean cstejerean at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 07:10:52 CEST 2008

http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/datastore/gqlreference.html

>From the reference

The left-hand side of a comparison is always a property name. The
right-hand side can be one of the following (as appropriate for the
property's data type):

    * a str literal, as a single-quoted string. Single-quote
characters in the string must be escaped as ''. For example: 'Joe''s
Diner'

That's the only thing that needs escaping as far as I can tell.

- Cosmin

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 12:01 AM, Massimo Di Pierro
<mdipierro at cs.depaul.edu> wrote:
> Does anybody know how the appengine escapes strings in gqlquery?
>
> For example this is
> q = GqlQuery("SELECT * FROM Song WHERE title= :1", "Imagine")
> the same as
> q = GqlQuery("SELECT * FROM Song WHERE title = 'Imagine'")
>

> Is this the same as
> q = GqlQuery("SELECT * FROM Song WHERE title= :1", "Ima'gine")
> this
> q = GqlQuery("SELECT * FROM Song WHERE title = 'Ima''gine'")
> ?
>
> How are quotes escaped? What about other ascii charcaters?
> Please, please... I know the :1 API are better and the query API are even
> better but I need to know this.
>
> Massimo

Cosmin Stejerean
http://blog.offbytwo.com