[Chicago] web2py on appengine

Massimo Di Pierro mdipierro at cs.depaul.edu
Tue Apr 22 14:28:55 CEST 2008

Only the disk based session  will not work. You can use the google
api and save session on the database using the google api. something
like...

def index(): # controller
      # try retrieve from DB or create session object called
response.session_id
      # body of the controller, use the session object
      # save session object with name response.session_id
      response.session_id=None # don't save this session on disk

The cookies and generation of the name response.session_id is automatic.
As soon as we port our ORM there will be an API for all of this.

Massimo