[Chicago] Google App engine is python powered

Feihong Hsu hsu.feihong at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 14 17:52:46 CEST 2008

As someone already mentioned, there are third-party tools
(PersistentFS and Scalr) for managing persistency on EC2. However,
EC2 itself will soon support general-purpose persistent storage:

http://aws.typepad.com/aws/2008/04/block-to-the-fu.html

It seems like they've been working on this for a while but the
feature won't be available until later this year. The blog post
mentions that this will allow you to install relational DBs that
don't go down when your instance(s) go down.