[Chicago] April Meeting

Brian Ray bray at sent.com
Thu Apr 3 03:19:00 CEST 2008

On Apr 2, 2008, at 4:04 PM, Kumar McMillan wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 9:57 AM, Massimo Di Pierro
> <mdipierro at cs.depaul.edu> wrote:
>> I can host on April 15. Whether you want o hear about web2py again, I
>> let you decide. Hosting is not conditional to that.
>
> +1

Usually, I am pretty hard-set on never changing the meeting day. But,
I feel a little wacky today, here is my choice:

+1 for April 15th at Depaul

But, we *must* get back into a routine soon.  Otherwise, we may fall
victim of being labeled as even more void of leadership than we
already have proactively taken the initiative to labeled ourselves.

Concerning web2py, I think hearing it "again" does not sound as good
as hearing it in "fresh new light." Regardless, I think we should have
one of the three be a fresh new presentation on web2py, if possible.

One thing I learned from countless hours of reading the surveys' from
Pycon (have you filled out yours) is that some Python goers really do
like the Hacks.  This is why I am pushing on some FrameHackery. Anyone
want to come forward and present on this. I can recall embarrassing
frame hackery being done by even some of the best of us. I am not
pointing fingers here; although, lets get back to our hack-roots ok?
Who is up for the challenge?

I do not know what the third thing should be, perhaps we should have a
group presentation by the ChiPy-netflix-swim-suit-calendar-fund-
raising team?

Brian Ray
bray at sent.com
http://kazavoo.com/blog