[Chicago] local PyCon publicity

Catherine Devlin catherine.devlin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 20:59:51 CEST 2007

Hi, ChiPy folks!  As your semi-official Publicity Coordinator for
PyCon 2008. I'm looking for some local help.

We'd like to see to it that word gets out to a bunch of Chicago-area
channels, but we need to find them first.

- Technology reporters at Chicago newspaper, radio stations,
television stations, techie newspapers
- Area universities, colleges, community colleges, high schools
- Bookstores and other techie gathering places
- local user groups and clubs
- prominent local bloggers
- Other ideas along these lines?

Colorful native guides would be very helpful in identifying the places
to target; even more helpful would be pointing me to individuals
within those; even more helpful would be if you'd like to personally
take charge of contacting them.  But, whatever you can do, I'll
appreciate any your help.

Thanks!  Looking forward quite happily to PyCon Chicago
--
- Catherine
http://catherinedevlin.blogspot.com/